Photographers around the Great Sacandaga
Tips on choosing a photographer
Looking back on your wedding day should not bring up feelings
disappointment. Among the saddest complaints Better Business
Bureaus receive concern wedding photographers who do not deliver
what was promised. The vast majority of professional photographers
will indeed provide unforgettable images of your special day.
But you need to do some research beforehand.
The BBB offers the following suggestions to prospective brides
- Ask for photographer recommendations from family, friends
- Check with the BBB for reports on the photographers you
- Schedule interviews with two or three to get a feel for
the types of services they offer, the quality of their work
and related fees.
- Ask the photographer if he/she is the one who will be photographing
your wedding. If so, that should be stated in the
contract. If not, request to meet personally with the photographer
be shooting your wedding and review photos from several
events before making a decision.
- The price should not be the only determining factor, but
you should know what fees you will be charged for what services.
- Does the photographer work with an assistant? If so, is
that included in the fee?
- Ask for references and talk to previous clients. A photographer
who is reluctant to provide references is of questionable
- Is the photo package fixed or customized? How many photos
are included and what about reprints, enlargements
- What is the time frame for delivery of proofs and other
products? Is there a Web site to view your images? Can you
the proofs or negatives?
- What type and how many cameras will be used? Is color and
black-white photography included?
- What is the payment schedule? Is a deposit required; if
so, how much and by when?
- What types of photographs can you expect – formal,
informal or spur-of-the-moment?
- Does the photographer know the policy of your church, synagogue
or other institution; some have very specific rules
- Obtain a written contract that details every service to
be provided and the name of the photographer who will
shoot your event; the location, date and time length of all
events; the type of package; a list of guaranteed prices for
and any additional charges, like taxes or travel
should also specify what happens if your photographer
show up, as well as the cancellation/refund policy
Miller and Son's photography
Photography By Brian
296 Albany Bush Road
69 E. Pine Street
Gloversville, NY 12078
296 Albany Bush Road
Johnstown, NY 12095
P.O. Box 1092
Northville, NY 12134